Friday, June 28, 2024

Magic Moments

There was a tune that had been stuck in my head, for close to 50 years!!!  I can almost remember the year, roughly, when I heard the tune; it was around the time the Disney movie The Lady and the Tramp arrived in theatre's in our town (the City of Colombo, in the land of the Brave, and the home of the Coconuts).  This is going to be s confusing story-- not least because of the coconuts, I suppose-- but try to follow.  While waiting for The Lady and the Tramp, I think I heard an instrumental version of Mac The Knife.  I somehow learned the name of that tune, but the two tunes were somehow connected in my memory, and I learned a lot about Mack the Knife, but absolutely nothing about the other tune!

I had got to the point where I was considering writing down this unknown tune from memory, making an mp3 out of it, and putting it up on fB, and asking if anyone knew the name of the tune!  That brings us to today, when, our of the clear blue sky, a video of the song comes over my fB feed!!!

How did fB know that I was interested in this tune?  Maybe I was humming the tune to myself, and some AI program heard it!

Anyway, the song is called "Magic Moments," and is sung by Perry Como.  Perhaps it's just as well I didn't go through with putting the tune up on fB; I had gotten some little details wrong in how I remembered it. 

Well, that's my post for today!

Archie

No comments:

Post a Comment