Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Life after That

Well, last Saturday’s show was okay, I guess, as far as it went; I feel an obligation to put some of these important pieces before the radio audience, even knowing that they would sound a little too ‘churchy’ to the ears of those who listen to principally pop.  I also felt obliged to explain my relationship to religious music, because I’m so anxious about being mistakenly taken to be religious.  I’m not; but that doesn’t mean I don’t have values, (or rather, values that most self-righteous people would subscribe to,) and it also doesn’t mean I don’t like so-called ‘sacred’ music either.  I love sacred music, and it gets a little embarrassing.

Meanwhile, I was only able to play the usual suspects in Baroque brass music; there is tons of it out there.  This is why I complained about not being able to find my music on the broadcast.  (I took the rant out of the podcast!)  Finally, there were several movements in the Mahler symphony that would have been more pleasant to listen to than the movement I did play.  So, I’m giving myself a very low score for the last broadcast!

I’m still trying to think up a suitable theme for the next broadcast.

Arch
‘’—“”

No comments:

Post a Comment