Friday, January 8, 2016

Show 215: More Better Concertos!!!



Well, more, anyway!

This is my last original hurrah before classes begin, and I have to rely on recycling older shows.

Part A (Beethoven, Glazunov)

Beethoven: Piano Concerto No 3 in C minor - iii (Alfred Brendel)

Glazunov: Violin Concerto in A Minor (Maxim Vengerov)

Part B (Elgar, Siblius, Heykens)

Elgar: Violin Concerto in B Minor (Dong-Suk Kang)

Sibelius: Violin Concerto (Kyung-Wha Chung)

Heykens: Starlight Serenade (Richard Tauber)

Part C (Grieg)

Grieg: Concerto in A Minor for Piano and Orchestra (Philippe Entremont)

Part D (Schumann)

Schumann: Concerto in A minor for Piano (Rudolf Serkin)

Enjoy!

Archie

P.S. For next week-a, I am planning to put up a repeat of my very first show, from July 4th, 2014.  That was a one-hour show, all about Trios.  It was also the only one-hour show, I might add, which explains why I never put it up again.  So I had to supplement it with another hour of music related to the number 3.  I have.  That's for next week.

Arχ2ie.

No comments:

Post a Comment